9.8.07

Day Eight.

To J. earlier, on my Migration Immersion Project:

"Certainly running is a motivation for this project. I mentioned that in Laura's journal because it was thrust at me just to hurt--not as a observance. If running is a push to get things done, then so be it, you deal with things, you pick things up, and you get things done. It's simple. I'm not happy with my life as it is, I'm curious, and I want to know some options. It was a simple idea that popped into my head after careful rumination. It seemed partly nuts, but just crazy enough to work. I'm an open book (albeit a bit jaded) and want to try my best to soak up the ways other people contend with things. Know how they got there and what works for them.

I want to not be that jaded person. Is it totally gross of me to want to be thrust into intimate situations so that I might be presented with ideas of love? This is what I stuggle with. I feel like I am constantly confronted with how love is near impossible. But wouldn't it be overwhelming to see a glimmer of it in a pure capacity? I am hopeful that I might see that. I also know how private that is. What comes of obligation, moral or physical, to a "loved one" you reside with?

The ideas I have in my head as far as the tangable artwork has more to do with comparable differences at this point, but I'm going into this knowing that the scope of this could certainly change. Nothing like being flexible. "


Migration Immersion Project:

*rid myself of all unnecessary material goods and extemporanious behaviors, pre-migration.
*3 months living with self-selected parties; seven days with each party
*compose site-specific art project at each location
*document varied living situations using video recordings, photos, and text

And, so, I am readying myself as much as possible for what might be the most calculated rogue escape I've ever had the pleasure of participating in. Clearing out furniture, clothing, books, whatever I don't need in the most urgent sense.

On day seven, I asked Laura to shave my head for optimum fiscal and efficiency gain over the coming months.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm on this journey with you.

Lucky Pet Petsitting said...

I think what you're doing is pretty fascinating, and I look forward to following your journey. Getting rid of my possessions is one of the hardest things for me, and you're impressing the hell out of me!

Good luck!
Yani (Gryph)