18.4.08

Thank heaven




My own childhood was not something I would care to relive, however, I find myself drawing little girls more often than not. This is based on my friend Zoee, who posted this picture of her sister and herself. Zoee has always amazed me; she's lived all over (from Canada to Pennsylvania to Texas), she goes on adventures, she asks big questions. We came so close to meeting up about a year and a half ago, but it didn't pan out. Bummer city! We've been internet friends for a good five years now, and hopefully I'll be able to tick our meeting off my to-do list. She is such good stuff.

4 comments:

Zoée Nuage said...

Oh my gosh Aurora! Thank you, I love it and what you wrote is so sweet :) This was a wonderful surprise to wake up to!! I love yoooooooou!

Aurore said...

Love you too, Zoee! I forgot to link to your awesome blog. I have learned so much from you. xo

Sarah Marie said...

Aurora-- you are so awesome! I love that you watch such horribly good shows as ANTM and The Hills. Oh man- you call Cho- "Spencer" ?! AHHH!!!! too funny.

Anyways, I really like the two sisters piece-- I like the detail of the border around them and the leaves.

Why do you think you find yourself drawing little girls so often?

Oh, and I hope you and your bloggy friend meet up one day!

Aurore said...

Sarah--we all are going by names on The Hills now in the Route Book area! I am Heidi! You can call Jim "Justin Bobby" now.

Glad you like it! I'm not quite sure yet why I tend to draw little girls. Maybe in time I'll figure it out!

I hope we meet up too! That would be awesome! If you get a chance, you should check out her blog, which centers around deaf culture. Totally interesting and articulate.