28.6.08

Mad Tea Party of The Costume Variety.

I have been elated ever since I found out about the tea party yesterday! This afternoon, I set out everything I'd need for the party. Namely--



The Tea Set.

I also had to get ready. My favorite part is putting on a clean white dress. It's not complete until I'm twirled until I'm dizzy. That's half the fun of wearing a dress. The other half is feeling the air on a ground air conditioner. You know.



This dress is so fancy. I love the raw edge.





Lip gloss! The finishing touch.



Where are you? I am ready to get this party started!



Fine, I'll make with some flower arangements while I wait.



No really, I cannot wait! TOO EXCITED. Using all caps.



Finally! The Guest of Honor has arrived. Everyone, I'm sure you know Mary-Kate, but Mary-Kate, here's the world.



Oh, geez, Mary-Kate. You guys. I almost forgot to show you these mammoth sunflowers. Flowers are probably one of my favorite things in the world. What do you think of these big blooms in the middle of summer? We have some sunflower tea. Want some?



It's pretty tasty. It's like sunshine.



Like MAD sunshine, I'm telling you! Get your hands on this whackness.



Yep, thats good stuff.



Thanks for coming to the tea party! And congrats to A Fanciful Twist on her 200th post. Yay!

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, hi to Mary Kate! I didn't put it out for my party, but I have some catnip tea for you if you like. Oh, too young?

Fun party!

inge said...

hello Aurore,

thanks for getting the teacups out ! I would like a cup of tea and a talk with you in your beautiful white dress.
Show me your sunflowers in your garden and introduce me to Mary Kate please ( I have 8 cats... 6 big ones and two small kittens, just one week old...)

greetings
Inge ( from Belgium)

scrowlscrowl said...

I just came by from Norway for some Sunflower morning tea. I love your pictures; and MARY CATE is such a beauty. Tell her to be careful with your nice-nice tea set!! :D

Nix Sidhe said...

I love tea parties, kittens, and you!

Brook said...

Lovely tea! Thanks for letting us stop by.

curious and curiouser... said...

You teacups are beautiful... and Mary Kate is gorgeous ~ I'm glad you both were able to attend, it was such a lovely party!

3rdEyeMuse said...

loverly post! ... sorry to arrive so late … we dropped from exhaustion last night, so thought we’d continue the rounds today and offer to help with the clean up duties. feel free to put us to work.

it was nice to meet you and hope to see you again soon! ~M~

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

You are sooo beautiful and whimsical and stylish and lovely!!!! Looove your photos! And, please, you aremelting my heart with that kittttttyyy kat!!!!!!! LOVE it all!! You are so sweet! Happy MAD TEA PARTY!!!

Du Buh Du Designs said...

Welcome to the party! I'm a little late to the party but since the festivities are stretching out all weekend long I don't feel too bad. Your dress is simple and elegant, the perfect attire for the Arizona heat at Vanessa's place and Miss Mary Kate is so sweet..don't let "King Dante" see her. I've sent him to the party as well:)Off to mingle with the other guests!
~Christine

The Rose Room said...

Fun!

Lucky Pet Petsitting said...

Oh wow, I thought the tea party looked pretty amazing by itself... But then I saw Mary-Kate!!! Kitten!!!!!!! Joy of all joys!!!

(yani/gryph)

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Lovely party. Love your white dress. Please stop by as we still have cake.

Irma :)

Erin Glee said...

Lovely tea party...may I please have another cup of tea and another photo (or four) of Mary Kate? She is adorable (and so are you)!

Sherry/Cherie said...

Your teacups are delightful..especially on top of your head!!! So much fun when you party with Vanessa! Nice to meet you at the party!

Sarah Marie said...

I love, love, love this post! Love the pretty teacups, love your beautiful fancy hair, love your white dress and the twirling...love that dang kitten- OMG. so cute!!!!... Love that you had a tea party... Love it!! So much fun! So dainty! So adorable. And I want that kitten!

Sarah Marie said...

p.s. And I love the flowers!

Aurore said...

Wow, thanks for all of the comments! This was so fun. Tea party next weekend too??