12.12.08

White heat!

I spent last night putting together my booth. I’ve done a lot of fairs and pop-ups with my work, but I actually had the time to put something together (however meager it might be). I made a little sign and 80 business cards to hand out at my booth. It’s nutz! SIGN! CARDS!

They’re for Saturday. I was asked to participate in a craft fair over at La Luna Loca, from 11 – 4pm. See how I’m noting the time and the date? That means you should come! I don’t know what other crafters are going to be there, but since a tattoo parlor is running the thing, it’s sure to not be overrun with boring crap (that’s subjective. I am hoping for apple butter. I could slather that stuff onto tree bark and be a happy camper). I’ll be selling all of my original pieces—mostly from my show in September—for a pittance. I gotta get rid of this stuff, so I have room to make new pieces.

Seriously, cheap, make me an offer. I might trade you for apple butter.

Here are some good things that I love a whole lot:

Kime Buzzelli’s snowboard:



And Brendan Donnelly’s dog t-shirts:



Well, I gotta go get right with God. Meaning, stuffing my face with cilantro and tomatoes, maybe eat a rice cake and pass out on my apartment staircase. My boyfriend just told me he’s barfing at home. This after he tripped at two in the morning. I swear we could use some normalcy!

Oh p.s. My cat, Mary Kate, has been such a little jerk lately! I thought he would calm down once he got fixed, but he didn’t…not much anyway! If you have any tips for calming down a TERROR then please let me know. We have tried using a spray bottle to teach him bad from good behavior, but he’s got this Laterian Idolization thing going on. It's impossible to cuddle with him when I'm filled with rage!!! Ugh.

3 comments:

discotrash said...

sorry about the cat. they're all little assholes at that age. no joke.

did i tell you that you got into an art show my ex couldnt? the bukowski one. whoa, i know. either way, i need to put you in touch with him because he curates shows in LA all the time and would dig your stuff. he could probably get you a few pieces into something. apparently people are buying stuff there still.

xoxoxo

sarah marie p said...

Good luck at your show! SO fun! Oh noes, poor Adam! Hope he feels better ASAP!

And OMG, I love that you called MK a Laterian! HAHAH. Hilarious! Good luck with that bad kitty! I def know what bad kitties are all about! My babies are the worst!

Laura said...

Kitties are bad because they are bored ones. get a laser pointer for them to run all their craziness out around the apartment. Latarian is my new hero, What did he say? I like to do bad things becasue it feels good? awesomeness.