14.1.09

Espada de Dos Filos

I am currently showing this piece at Arte Americas in Fresno, a gallery downtown. It's a group show centered around 20 female Latinas (10 from the west coast, 10 from New York). I saw the show last Thursday during Arthop, and it's beautiful. Work that really surprised and made me excited.

I'm actually really proud to be part of something so important and gorgeous in Fresno and I hope everyone goes to see it. Ask me, and I'd be happy to take you on a tour of it.

Here's some pics of the work. They aren't great, and don't really show what you might experience if attend. So, GO!

These tiny sculptures were made with chapstick, and accompanied by short narratives.



Such a fantastic variety of work--photography, found objects, video:







Last week's issue of Vida En El Valle had a large feature about the show, and I was interviewed. You can peep that here.

And here is a pic of me that was taken during the interview.

2 comments:

The Loss Adjuster said...

Wow, congrats on the gallery work and the article! I wish I lived in Fresno. I'd totally go!

Jesse Mendez said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog and found it interesting and wanted to leave you a comment.

I have an invitation for you to come and visit my art blog here in San Diego, and comment if you will.

I think that you may enjoy the various labels and music videos I design for my art blog, hope to see you here soon and take care :)