7.2.09

What I Wore 2.7.09





Dress: Jonathan Saunders for Target, via Goodwill on Shaw
Heels: my beloved PayLess shoes that I fell in while in Los Angeles

I have been waiting for-EV-er to wear this little number. I finally feel comfortable enough in it.

I had lunch with Jefferson at Don Pepe. We ordered burritos and sat down by the door, accompanied by waters, cilantro, salsa, and limes (my el guapo--I put them on everything!). I loved the place immediately. It's small and cheap and smells MEATY and delicious. A woman, not by employ of the joint, wandered around the restaurant, belting out a ranchera song. I genre-checked that with J. I felt so open in that moment, eating a huge asada burrito with my amazing friend, so lucky to be HERE to listen to this woman's joy, to let it wash over us.

Jefferson said, "We picked a good day."

Sometimes what happens to me is so good that I feel like I need to stop swimming, and just float.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

"Sometimes what happens to me is so good that I feel like I need to stop swimming, and just float."

beautiful wording. i'm happy you had such a good time.

and you look AWESOME in that ;)

sarah marie p said...

Ummm hello gorgeous! You are totally workin that dress!

And I also love the quote that Ashley referenced. Float on. (ahhh I'm cheesy!)

Laura said...

You look spectacular. I found some shoes like this only they were $200 dollars. way out of my league, but then again I could probably wear them until I die.

All details aside, I'm so excited that you will be here for a few days.