2.1.10

2009, TEARS IN REVIEW.

My friend Jenn wrote my 2009 year in review. Here it is:

"Year in Review for Aurora, 2009

Not to brag, but when you start the year off by getting a "liberty package" from your old job and your first order of business is to move from Fresno to Los Angeles, you've got it made. There I was, on the brink on my new life. I had no idea the depths my love for this city would go until I was swimming in it daily. Taco dates in Hollywood, late night dance offs, BBQ's with friends, and RIDING THE METRO. My legs look best when they straddle those bright orange seats by the window.

A turning point for me came halfway through the year when I decided to get my life-long commitment on by agreeing to marry the man of my dreams. I mean, really, how could I say no to a guy whose greatest claim to fame is performing on Buffy the Vampire Slayer? I'd be a FOOL! We are the Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy of the new millennium, as Jenn's grandma would like to say. Our musical stylings give those old Hollywood icons a run for their money if you've ever seen us perform karaoke!

A brief detour to Visalia isn't gonna hold my dreams back, either. I'm on the fast track to a new adventure in LA and I could not be more excited! We've got big plans because we dream big. There ain't no other way to live, especially if you like to wear tranny hair bows and Betsey Johnson tights as much as I do. A lady has got to make her mark on the world, afterall!"

--Jennifere Merling



BOOYA! Bring it on, 2010!

No comments: