22.1.10

January playlist.

Jenn and I have been working on a re-vamp on my website. I created this playlist to get my through the long haul:

INXS- Never Tear Us Apart

Rediscovered this song while in the van with Ben on my birthday trip to Los Angeles. So amazing. So epic. It's the soundtrack you want to have fuzzily playing in your most vulnerable, lovely dream.



Lady Gaga- Brown Eyes

I better start seeing this in karaoke books soon, because I plan to tear it up.



Owen Pallett- The Power Of Love

I LOVE BALLADS. Is it nice to link a cover? Meh. I just love it. It doesn't seem entirely fair. I really liked seeing Final Fantasy in November, and wish I had a set list from that show. He kicked ass and his original work is creative, fun, and magical. He makes this Celine Dion song pretty magical too.



Prisencolinensinainciusol

If you listen to one song on this post, make it this one. I think the story is that the lyrics are made to mimic what English sounds like to non-English speakers. It is crazy catchy and the lyrics sound so eerie--you should know them! You should know those sounds! I have this one on repeat. SICK!



ABBA- The Winner Takes It All

I feel like ABBA is severely undercredited. Do people not like to talk about them, except for mentions of Mama Mia and Dancing Queen? Did they miss that PBS special? This song is so sad. I never see this in karaoke books either, whats the deal?! Get it together.



Mostly ballads. It's January. I'm going to work and cry.

1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

I think "Prisencolinensinainciusol" is non-English for "hip thrusting hobo and biker marching band gang."