21.1.10

Meat lasagna with my roommate Joanna.



My roommate Joanna is an amazing cook. She's taught us many household hints that Ben and I can use in the kitchen down the road (did you know that if you put a heel of a loaf of bread in a bag with cookies overnight, they'll soften up? I didn't either! But Joanna knew!).

I don't think I've properly expressed in this blog what food means to me. I enjoy food. Immensely. I've always loved baking, but cooking was one of the things Ben and I started doing together when we started hanging out. You can learn a lot about a person by how they operate in the kitchen and, in turn, their relationship to food. I like a lot of space. I can't stand hovering. I love chopping and cleaning as I go.

I am a Scorpio with Virgo tendencies. This is very apparent in the kitchen as well as my jewelry and make up organization systems. All this information is good for is skipping over.

THE GOOD STUFF!!!

When Joanna pulled this lasagna out of the oven, I knew I would have to share it with people, and everyone knows that the best way to share is through a blog!

Look at this gorgeous thing!

Joanna made two different kinds of lasagna--she doesn't half ass anything. The first was simple: lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, and hamburger/sausage meat mixture.

The second one was "The Big Kahuna". Lasagna noodles, tomato sauce, the same hamburger/sausage mixture, basil, mozzarella cheese, ricotta with fresh dill and rosemary, garlic salt, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and stewed tomatoes.

Crimony. What is a lady to do? She must only dig in with gusto.

When I make lasagna, it's totally different from this (veggie laden and with whole wheat noodles), so having meats was a treat for me! I scarfed this thing. The smell while it was in the oven was really getting to my nostrils, so I was almost relieved by the time it ended up in my mouth.

How do you make YOUR lasagna? Do you have any trademark tips?

No comments: