13.11.10

On My Head, All the Time.

When I lived with Laura, we had conversations about Collections. I considered Laura more of a collector than myself, because I tend to, uh, not hold onto things.

Turns out I'm a LIAR! I just collect things I didn't know that I collected. Like, Things That Can Go On A Head. I read a long time ago that you will be remembered if you wear a hat. I'm into headgear in general--I don't limit to hats.





I feel naked.





Self made with a little help from my jewelry box and the dollar store.


I was going to wear this for the reception at our wedding in July. I was too tired to remember to do a costume change. I made this as well. The key was supposed to be a chastity belt homage.


Birthday gift from Jenn, for making it to age 29.


Ben's top hat. I didn't know we had this, but I love it and will wear it out. He said it's his "Caroling" hat. I believe him.


A children's hat from Gymboree. I worked there last year and had a blast--kids stores always have the best casual hats! This one has little scottie dogs on it.


Old old old. Handmade from a thrift store. It has weird oil stains on the inside.


Ben's hat from touring with The Rentals.


Ben's hat from the Nerf Herder tour.


I put this together two weeks ago from scraps I found, at the last minute. It was made specifically for my jaunt over to the Vivienne Westwood showroom.


Ok, I love these berets. They are so easy to throw on when I'm having A TIME with my hair.


This one was also from Gymboree. Another perk to shopping at kids stores: everything gets marked down super cheap. Kid prices!





Bow from Gymboree.


Beret from a thrift store. This beret is so thick that it's sometimes difficult to fit over my huge head.





Bought these right after Easter at the Goodwill. I usually wear it to birthday parties.


I made this hat when I was 12 and learning how to sew on my mom's machine.








Chubby Bunny's Hello Kitty bow. Love this thing.


I always try to wear my bow headbands on the right, like Blair Waldorf.


Cowboy hat my friend Miranda made me!


Bows that Laura handmade and gifted to me.




Veil I made for the wedding.


Betsey Johnson hat Jenn gifted me for making it to year 30.


Ben's Hamburglar hat!


My fake Mary Kate Olsen half-turban.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i want a hello kitty chubby bunny bow.

Laura said...

You must have forgotten how your head scarves took over our bathroom!