9.1.11

Boys Don't Date Girls With Dead Mothers.

I met my friend Beth when I moved to Los Angeles awhile ago. She's been, from the start, a great friend--listening to every boy problem, going on girl dates, letting me steal her internet and crash on her floor.

Beth also happens to be a brilliant filmmaker. If you check her out, you can read about her projects, which have been shown in festivals all over the world. She's done work for National Geographic, the Smithsonian, NPR, and the New York Historical Society. I'm writing this, through, to draw your attention to something that she's been working on for the past year or so--her baby.

The film is called, "Boys Don't Date Girls with Dead Mothers", and it centers around Beth's own experience with losing her mother to breast cancer when she was in her teens. Beth ended up being her mother's caretaker until she passed away.

Beth's put together a trailer and a heavily detailed outline of the film's game plan--she's seeking funding in order to make it available to kids who have to deal with similar situations, and help them through it. It's a courageous, beautiful project, and I can't tell you enough how important I think it is.

Beth has put together a Kickstarter project. She's reaching the tail end of her time to reach her goal (22 days to go!), and I wanted to make sure that I did whatever I could to get the word out. I know how much time, effort, and money Beth has already thrown into this, and want to see it come to fruition because I know that it can help other people.

Beth needs your help. Check out her trailer, and if you can, contribute and know that you are doing something that doesn't just forward the making of a project, but will directly affect those who are going through a very difficult time.

I'm including the Kickstarter link here.

I'll thank you in advance for checking it out, and for your generosity. It means so much.

1 comment:

Christina said...

What a wonderful project. Best of luck to Beth. I hope she finds answers and helps others comes to terms with their own hardships around losing someone they love.

Be well. <3