24.1.11

What I Wore 1.24.2011

It's Monday, and the only cure for that is wearing a happy color.


I absolutely adore pink. Usually I go for a more punchy shade, but when I saw this dress in the thrift store for a dollar, I knew it had potential.

When it was hanging on the rack, it had a high neck and full, long sleeves. I pulled out the seam ripper and went to town!



I added fringe around the shoulders, which was left over from my wedding dress.

I cut deep into the front of the dress, and gathered the layers. Much more flattering and more appropriate for karaoke.

Dress: No brand name, found at St. Vincents, $1.00
Shoes: Gap, Goodwill in Glendale, $3.99
Bracelets: belonged to my mother
Belt: No brand name, Goodwill on Blackstone in Fresno, I think it was a dollar


I added my huge black belt, which is something I think I should never again do without. It's the jean jacket of belts--I can wear it with anything!


I'd been scouting for a smaller heel with a closed toe, and when I saw these, I scooped them up! I loved the color--usual for my typically black and white based wardrobe. Best of all, when I took them to check out, they were half off!

5 comments:

girl, emphasis on the L said...

i am absolutely in love with this. head to toe perfection
<3 alexys

Miss Tess Aquarium said...

How cute!!! Just bought a falling apart blue/purple lace vintage dress today to refashion, great inspiration!!

sarah marie p said...

You've got mad seamstress skills, Rory! Impressive. Love the color! So jealous of your sunshine!!!! Oooh and those shoes are cute too!

Mary Grein said...

REALLY cute look!
xoxo,
MG
http://mgstylemix.blogspot.com/

Bluefemme said...

That dress is amazing! Love the shoes!!
http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/