9.4.11

Friends, With Horns.

_MG_8904

It's been a whirlwind of a week, and I'm playing catch up right now. Ben and I moved to the Mid-city area, had relatives over, and have been trying to unpack and build our new little home. I've been working on a few other things:

* Backgrounds for a documentary that is close to my heart. I'll update when the time is more appropriate, but this project has been taking up a lot of my brain space.

* I have an art show coming up in mid May! So, so excited. I'm showing in Long Beach, at a little place called "Downtown Darling". The space is female-owned and operated, and has a heavy duty eclectic vintage vibe. Needless to say, the the owner, Sandra, and I are now partners in crime. I've had to transition from moving mode back to work mode, and started with small portraits of friends. With horns. Because they take things head-on.

* I've been doing interviews with people I adore and respect! I'm so, so elated to see these come to fruition, and will def. be letting you know when they go live.

(I know a lot of this is "in the works" stuff, and I thank you for bearing with me. I'll be getting back to my regular schedule next week. I've missed it so!)

One more thing:

*On Monday, I will be starting my 4-week Vegan Challenge. I wanted to wait til we were moved into the new place and I was in a less chaotic environment. Well, shiver me timbers, I feel good about this, especially with a vegan recipe and nutrition book at my side. Also, there is a Trader Joe's and a Whole Foods down the street from us. I feel confident and excited to start this new adventure! I really think being vegan is a fantastic way to make an impact on the environment and one's own health, and it doesn't seem as unrealistic as I once thought it to be, since I feel pretty informed. If you have any essential resources for me regarding becoming vegan, I'd love for you to share!

What's been on your plate, darling? I want to know it all! xoxo

5 comments:

djstephaniebell said...

I hope you'll share the vegan adventure on the food blog too. I've been hella uninspired lately food wise which is crazy since ben (ha ha we both have bens!) will eat ANYTHING i make.

Kim Burly said...

You HAVE to make the borscht! Pink freakin' soup! Vegan AND cute! And if you dollop on tofutti cream cheese instead of sour cream it becomes this creamy hot pink party in a bowl.

Becoming Audrey said...

Oh I am so excited for you! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey purty lady. All exciting things. I like reading this stuff. Although I'm not vegan, I cook and eat tons of vegan food. Some of my favorite sources for good ideas are: vegandad.blogspot.com, blog.fatfreevegan.com, and theppk.com. And I will smother you with personal recipes if you're ever interested. (Like smoky nacho "cheese" and tofu "bacon" and chocolate avocado pie). xoxo Cara (hungrybuns)

Alexandra Franzen said...

AAAAH! I see my face! With antlers!

I think you're swell.

:: A