16.5.11

Ladyfingers in a Long Beach Minute.

Saturday was the "Ladyfingers" opening at Downtown Darling in Long Beach. The day of, I was incredibly nervous and amped up. I had worries running through my head, coupled with thoughts of trying to settle my nerves. I love that little bit of adrenaline that puts you on edge and makes you feel like you just consumed 8 pink Peeps.

IMG_0685

Streamers were strung from one end of the space to another. I had made them during the week while taking in the deep and emotional "New York Minute", starring my girlfriend Mary Kate Olsen.

IMG_0693

These tiny mouse paintings were the very last ones I did! I think they are so fun and lively! Ben loves to tease me about drawing rodents, but actually freaking out when I actually saw one hanging out in our kitchen. Ugh, unless an animal is paying rent in our place, he doesn't get to snack on our food!

IMG_0698

Table of buttons, business cards, takeaways, fliers, and an e-mail list. You can also subscribe for updates by clicking the button on the right of this page!

IMG_0695

Three of the mixed media drawings I did for the show. I loved drawing horns on my friends! Those little minxes.

IMG_0700

Paintings grazing the top of the vintage dress racks. Ben and our friend Brian did an amazing job the night before hanging the show.

IMG_0705

Ben before the show started. I love his little boy tie.

IMG_0707
I wore a dress that I found at Goodwill on Fairfax. I cut the neckline, arms, and bottom of the dress and hemmed it up. Don't say those used bridesmaids dresses are good for nothing!

IMG_0724

Cuties Rita and Courtney came out, along with other friends. I was so happy to have them there!

IMG_0716

Golden Afternoon played on the upper level of the loft.

IMG_0718


IMG_0734

Ben observing all of the peeps that came in and out of the space for the show! The place seemed packed at certain points and I had to go outside to catch my breath. Such good energy! Thanks so much to everyone who made it out--you have no idea how much your support means to me.

The show will be up until mid-June. Hours at Downtown Darling are:

Tues: 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
Wed: 2:00 pm-7:00 pm
Thurs - Fri: 12:00 pm-7:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 12:00 pm-6:00 pm

The shop is located in downtown Long Beach, at 314 Elm Avenue. You'll recognize it because it's the cutest store on the block!

Pieces are all available for sale at the shop and at my Etsy.


xoxo

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Everything looks so good! I love the way you displayed everything on your table -- super cutie! So proud of you, girl <3

djstephaniebell said...

i love it. i wish i could've been there. i remember the first few shows that my ex fiance did, they were always a lot of fun, much needed after months of work.