5.7.11

Richard Simmons: Party Machine

It's no secret: while I can logically appreciate it's benefits, I really, really don't like excercising. I'm fine once I'm in the moment, but getting me to a class can be a total challenge!

When I read Agent Lover's blog about going to a for-real, in-the-flesh Richard Simmons aerobics class, I knew I wanted to check it out. I remember watching his show on t.v., and seeing his commercials for "Sweatin' to the Oldies". He always had a smile on his face. If nothing else, I knew that if I went to the class, I could expect to be entertained. Alright--that was enough of a push!

I thought that I'd go in for a fun time, but I didn't really expect a kick ass work out. Don't make my mistake! The man has so much energy it's contageous, but by the end of the hour and 15 minute class, you'll be huffing and puffing like a chloresterol laden slug. I was red-faced and sore. It was amazing. The class started with us moving and him saying, "that's so ugly my face is melting!" So charming!

We went to the Beatles themed class, and of course he was wearing a sequined tank top with the band members faces on it. We moved, we sang along, we held hands (seriously). I felt so full of love! YES! This is what excercise should be like!


IMG_1614

IMG_1615

Richard's class was challenging and inspirational. For real! We were smiling the whole way through, and the only time we really stopped moving was because we had to catch our breath from laughing so hard. New goal: go to Richard's class regularly. Take friends.

At the end of the class, Richard talked and took a photo with every one in the class who wanted one. I'll never forget what he told me, "You're precious...and very mysterious." How could he tell I'm a Scorpio??! Amazing.

It's now safe to say that Richard is a new obsession. I went home and promptly added him on Twitter and Facebook. I want more!!! He seems to really put his heart into what he does and genuinely wants people to succeed. That's the kind of person I want challenging my body, for sure. xoxo

No comments: