8.7.11

What I Wore: The Jean Jacket is Now at It's Most Epic


!!! I've moved this site.  Check out my new version of this page here !!!  


It's been a crazy week--filled with friend visits, karaoke, project making, cooking in the heat (yes, L.A. finally got up to 95 degrees!) and RuPaul marathons! It's for that reason that I am only now posting up this set of pictures, taken by the ever-brilliant Jennifer Emerling.

Jenn did her own shoot, centered around the Lady Gaga inspired jean jacket that I created for her. She snapped these at the same time, with the intention of my putting up a What I Wore post.

aurorawashWIW05

Dress: cut up t-shirt from Goodwill's men's section (no brand name) on La Brea, $3.99
Belt: Goodwill on Beverly, $4.99
Fishnets: from Iguana Vintage in Hollywood
Shoes: from Zappo's, Sam Edelman, $199
Jacket: Goodwill in Visalia, originally from the Gap $4

5856795921_af34e55eb9_b

aurorawashWIW21

I'm so in love with this jacket. I wear it so much that it's started to get holes everywhere. I patched it up, but there are now new holes appearing! I rarely get attached to clothing, but I am dreading the day I have to get rid of this sucker. Hopefully I'll be able to salvage the pieces and have it work as a vest for awhile yet!

5856796103_8784a2027f_b

I made these epaulettes myself as a quick DIY project when I had an empty half hour. I adore epaulettes! They make any outfit look fancy. Usually, if anything, they are on men's button down shirts, and I always make a point of complimenting a person's epaulettes if they happen to be sporting them. I made these detachable, so I'll be able to use them on dresses as well.

aurorawashWIW22

aurorawashWIW12

My "dress" was literally a huge t-shirt. I cut off the arms, pinned it strategically, and hoped that it would stay up. I didn't have any problems! That shirt really wanted to be worn!

aurorawashWIW09

I've thought about other things to do to this particular jacket, but it's so near and dear to me that I couldn't bare to go any further! The fit is beyond perfect and it's so fragile.

Other ideas for jean jackets:

bleaching
beading
adding strands of fake pearls
buttons
costume jewelry broaches
painting/graffiti/Sharpie insanity
studs
patching
cutting
sanding

aurorawashWIW07

I kinda love that it's a rare day that I'll show up in a pair of jeans on my lower half, but this jean jacket gets worn so much that it smells like my b.o. on a regular basis.

aurorawashWIW06

2 comments:

Kim Burly said...

The last one is just so divine.

jessica mullen said...

wow I love you and your style and your hair looks so pretty and these photos are so good! every post gets better and better!!!